Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Monday, March 21, 2011
I have stamped some watermarked butterflies 3 inches in from the bottom and left edges. You can see faintly in these bottom pictures. Hand cut some purple stamped images to embellish you'll need to stamp 3 images for this project , then with the offcuts of this I have punched some small & medium daisies finishing with some diamante for bling.....
Friday, March 11, 2011
Before you assemble using your end pieces punch your handle holes at 1.5" and 3.5" and 0.5" down from your top edge. Using your Handle piece punch centrally 0.5" from each end.
- attach your 5" x 3" Bazzill to your end pieces using double sided tape, placing it flush with your top edge leaving a 0.4" flap at the base
- Re punch your handle holes in your ends
- Use your scorer to create a crisp fold on the bottom flap
- Add double sided tape to the inside of the bottom flap
- Attach both end pieces to your base
- Attach your bazzill flush with one of your front/back pieces attach to your base along with the other front/back piece
Now your box should look like a star
- Cut 4 x 2" strips of ribbon , attach these to each corner to form your box
- Cut 25" of ribbon and attach around the top edge of your front back sides
- Do these same around your bottom edge - not only does it look pretty it strengthens your box
Ready to make the handle
- Attach your handle piece in the centre of your bazzill
- Re punch your handle holes
- Use a scorer to fold the card around your handle
- Re punch the back handle holes again
- Cut 2 x 28"strips of ribbon
Run them along the top of your handle and through your handle holes , separate ribbons, put the from the inside out of your box and tie a knot to secure , repeat opposite end.
Ready for your inserts
- Cut white card stock 7.3" x 10"
- Score this at 2.5" , 5" , 7.5"
- Attach this to your centre divider piece and place it in the bottom of your box
I also made a ribbon insert by scoring strips of white card stock the scores go
1" -1.75" - 2.75" - 3.75" - 4.5" - 5.5" - 6.5" - 7.25" and so on ....
Its a 1 " / 0.75 " / 1" / 1" / 0.75" pattern
I have ten slots that comfortable fit my 2 metre Kasz ribbon reels . I have left the back as a bigger compartment and have filled it well with my other kaszazz ribbons.
Now your ready to decorate
I have used my chipboard letters from Kaszazz , embossing them 4 times to get a thick coating in black. And there you have it a fun way to use & store your products !
- with your already drilled holes in your at the top of work , use a ruler and pencil to rule a line 1",2",3",4",5"
- repeat this process from the side making a 1 inch grid from the base of your album cover
- now get your hammer ready because you have some punching to do. I use my kasz Punch N Set which you don't usually need a hammer to operate but I don't have the strength to punch through chipboard ...so out comes the hammer !
- Punch the amount of holes that suit you but remember to consider how you will be decorating before you punch I have punched the basic rectangle shape and left a small gap to decorate.
- attach 6" x 6" Bazzill to the front of your hanger with double sided sticker paper
- turn this over and re punch all of your holes
- attach 6" x 6 " white card stock to the rear of your front and repeat above process.
Ribbon hanger back
Simply cover both sides of your album cover with card stock colour of your choice and re punch the 2 predrilled holes.
Tie some ribbon through your front and back covers (see pic above ) Tie it loose enough for your covers to open a bit. Decorate it up a bit ...I used some funky blooms offcuts here. Now thread up all those bits in the draw and use them up :)
I hope you have as much fun making these projects for yourself as I did !
Monday, March 7, 2011
How time flies .....just a quick share today an Easter card I had made earlier this week ......it would make a great baby boy's first Easter card ! Both images on this card have been embossed and mounted with magic mount. Paper in this project is Lilly May from Kaszazz Foundations Range.
Kaszazz has an exciting range of new products out now to get your creative energy flowing ! Grab a cuppa and pop on over to Kaszazz for a browse.
Fancy a ......
- a FREE Make N Take Home Demonstration
- A 2hour paper crafts workshop with friends
- To become a kaszazz business or hobby consultant
- Or to take advantage of any current promotions or offers by direct order
Phone : (07) 5494 8304
Email : email@example.com
Sunday, March 6, 2011
I have stamped my Kaszazz Easter Eggs stamp on the non floral side of my Lily May paper in Berrylicous Fluid Chalk Ink and trimmed, this is adhered with magic mount . Later stamping Kaszazz Happy Easter stamp in Dark Brown fluid chalk ink.
I'll be back tomorrow with a cute kids set Basket and Card
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
This box is extremely easy to make , simply find your offcut and score all sides evenly to make a box .....I will post some pics next time I make one!
For this set I have Embossed in silver my Kaszazz , Easter Eggs stamp twice on Bazill offcuts and added some ribbon and a spiral clip to dress it up !
Watch this space for more eater baskets , coming your way till I run out of scraps or time :)